The Best of GRReporter
flag_bg flag_gr flag_gb

The Pakistani raped calmly and consciously

08 August 2012 / 22:08:39  GRReporter
8901 reads

The rapist from Paros is in the prison for juvenile delinquents in Avlonas in Athens from today. He appeared before the prosecutor in Syros yesterday and made a confession. According to the defender from Mykonos, who took over his defence, he apologized to the victim's family and society and did not deny any of the offences listed in the indictment. He rebutted only the date of birth, which was written in the documents and stated that he was born in 1993 not in 1991.
He then described the offence with very cynical and shocking candour. "I turned the girl on her back and hit her with a large stone, about five kilograms in weight, over the left eye. I took her by the neck and tried to hide her in a cleft, but she resisted and cursed me. I was hitting her with the stone continuously... I saw her face bleeding and threw the stone into the sea. In the beginning, I decided to steal her mobile phone to sell it and send the money to my sick mother in Pakistan, who needs it. To be able to get close to her I pretended that I was speaking on the phone. Then I pressed her in order not to allow her to respond and took her phone. She was moving and I hit her several times on the body by hand. I took off her pants and bathing suit and raped her. I wiped myself with her clothes. I threw away her bathing suit and pants to prevent her from escaping quickly and seeking help. Then I tried to hide her in the cleft and began hitting her with a stone. I left her there and went to the restaurant where I worked. I threw the phone in the hotel waste." According to sources, the Pakistani said in the next part of his story that he had fulfilled his duties in the hotel and watered the gardens.

Data collected so far indicate that everything had happened within half an hour. As the mother of 15-year-old Myrto pointed out in her testimony, she and her two daughters had gone to a small beach near the Golden Coast beach in the early afternoon on 22 July. At about 6 pm, the girl had told her mother she would go to the rocks to go to the toilet and she came back quickly.

A little later, Myrto asked her mother is she could go back to the rocks of the Golden Coast beach to listen to some music from her mobile phone. She also told her mother to call her when they would leave the beach.

"I started ringing her mobile phone after half an hour, but it did not work. I set off to the rocks on foot and then by my car to search for her. I was ringing her phone all the time but it was not working. Then I went to the beach in Punda by car and took my other daughter to search for Myrto together. We went back to the Golden Coast beach and looked for her. At one point, I went to the other side of the beach to Poseidon hotel and then I thought I saw her on the opposite cliffs. Then we went there with my other daughter and found her."

The Pakistani described in his testimony how he had arrived in Greece. He said that he had arrived in 2010 and entered the country from Turkey. He had lived in the area of ​​Oropos near Athens at first and then went to Paros, where he found a job in a hotel. His duties were "to water the grass" for 450 euro per month.
The rapist's story continues: "The previous day, on Saturday, with a friend from Pakistan we went to the fair in the village of Piso Livadi. We left from there at 4 am and I slept at my friend's apartment, which is located near a petrol station. We had to celebrate Ramadan on Sunday but we slept until very late. When we got up, we ate and watched TV. I decided in the afternoon to go back to the restaurant where I worked. I was dressed in white pants and a blue jersey. When I passed along the beach, I saw a woman swimming in the sea. Two men passed by at the same. I saw the 15-year-old girl on the rocks shortly thereafter."

The Pakistani had also said that after the attack he returned to his room in the basement of the hotel where he bathed and washed his clothes.

The testimony of one of the waiters in the restaurant was particularly important for the investigation. "I had just come back from the scene of the attack and was having dinner when I saw Ali going to his room. I asked him about the case later and he told me that he saw two cars at the scene of the attack."

The testimony of the owner of the hotel was crucial. "Ali told me that he would leave for Pakistan because his grandmother had died. Then he turned off his phone. He called to tell me that the police had caught him on Omonia Square together with another boy from Bangladesh. I did not talk to him after that."

The rapist from Paros was transported to Piraeus by police car under extremely high security measures. However, when the ship landed, Golden Dawn members broke through and tried to stop the car and lynch him. The driver, however, drove at full speed and left but several "boys in black" chased the police car along the streets of Piraeus.

The xenophobic party argued that the rapist had lied about his year of birth in order "to avoid being sent to a regular prison and to obtain a lighter regime."


Tags: Crime newsRapistPakistaniParosTestimonyPrison for juvenile delinquents
GRReporter’s content is brought to you for free 7 days a week by a team of highly professional journalists, translators, photographers, operators, software developers, designers. If you like and follow our work, consider whether you could support us financially with an amount at your choice.
You can support us only once as well.
blog comments powered by Disqus