The country will turn into an oven over the weekend, having in mind the temperatures are expected to rise to 41 degrees. We will take a beath of fresh air starting with Monday, when temperatures are expected to fall across the country.
On Saturday, thermometers will strike the red, only in the afternoon there will be clouds at some areas and here and there storms will break, but mostly in mountainous areas. Similar will be the situation on Sunday and temperatures will continue to be super high.
Starting with Monday temperatures are expected to fall slightly, but the winds which will blow will be from the north. In the northern Ionian islands, in the continental Greece and northern Aegean Sea is expected to be cloudy with rain in places and occasional storms. Most likely it will also rain in eastern Macedonia and Thrace.
Because of high temperatures over the weekend in Athens will open Friendly Clubs for the residents who have air conditioners and will be open between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
During the heat is recommended:
• Do not walk in places where the sun shines
• Do not overwork physically
• Be in the shade at a spot with cool temperature with fans or air conditioners
• Wear clothes that are mild, loose and bright colors
• Do wear a hat or cover your head
• Do you wear sunglasses
• Do drink plenty of cold water and other liquids, but in no case, alcohol
• Whenever possible, eat the most light food - salads, fruits, soups
• It is good to frequently take showers with lukewarm water
• When swimming in the sea do it to refresh, not for exercise.
In the case of sunstroke the symptoms are:
• Severe headache
• feeling that your strengths are leaving you
• tendency to fainting
• drop in blood pressure
• strong heartbeat
First aid you can provide:
• Carry the man without wasting time in a shady spot with fresh air, under trees.
• Remove heavy clothing, if any, to refresh the body
• Wet the face, neck, chest and whole body with cold water
• Put cold water compresses to the face and head
• Rub hands and feet in an upwards direction.
• If the man can drink water and give him small doses of salt
• Call the ambulance
Addresses and telephone numbers of friendly clubs in Athens neighborhoods: