The Best of GRReporter
flag_bg flag_gr flag_gb

Every year tourists in Greece leave over 100 million euro in tips alone

30 June 2014 / 16:06:00  GRReporter
1734 reads

Greece is a country that makes tourists feel like the gods of Olympus and they pay Greece back for this. The amount they leave on an annual basis in tips alone is...100 million euro, as shown by a joint survey of a popular tourist booking website and Ethnos newspaper. The survey was based on 250,000 people from eight countries, including the UK, France, Germany, Italy, USA, Russia, Spain and Brazil who were asked whether they left tips during their vacation in Greece.  
     60% of Americans responded positively, indicating that they were satisfied the most with the hotels and restaurants in Homer’s homeland. The remaining 40% who did not leave a tip responded that the service quality did not correspond to the price paid for it, and that a percentage of the price usually goes to the service too.
     Next on the list of generous tourists are the Germans, 49% of whom left a tip too. Brazilians rank third with 33%, followed by Spaniards with 30% and Russians with 29%. It turns out that the Italians are the stingiest tourists as just 11% of them left "something" for the waiter, followed by French with 15% and Britons with 26%.
     We are awaiting your opinion of Greek tourism in our poll this month.

Tags: GreeceTourismVacationsHolidaysTipsHotelsRestaurantsServicePrices
SUPPORT US!
GRReporter’s content is brought to you for free 7 days a week by a team of highly professional journalists, translators, photographers, operators, software developers, designers. If you like and follow our work, consider whether you could support us financially with an amount at your choice.
Subscription
You can support us only once as well.
blog comments powered by Disqus